- DAP is normally applied to the soil before planting at a rate of 25g per hole.
- About 10-20kg of manure can also be added to the soil, mixed together and put back at planting.
- NPK fertilizer should be applied at the rate of half a kg per plant per year of growth, split into 2-3 applications per year i.e. apply about 250gm per rainy season.
- Increase the fertilizer by about 300gms NPK per year of growth up to year 10 when each tree gets 2.5 – 3 kg per year.
- Farmyard manure should be added at a rate of 2 Ddebes per tree per year.
- 75gm of Muriate of Potash applied per tree per year increases fruit sweetness.