The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries in collaboration with stakeholders developed guidelines for the production, procurement and distribution of tea seedlings in Uganda.
Purpose of the Tea Seedling Guidelines
To streamline the production, procurement, distribution of tea seedlings and establishment of the tea gardens to improve the performance of the tea industry in Uganda.
Objectives of Tea Seedling Guidelines
- To address the available tea seedling stocks in nurseries across the country.
- To guide the tea mother gardens and other nursery operations in all tea growing regions of Uganda.
- Outline measures for procurement of tea seedlings under Government strategic interventions.
- Outline measures for distribution of Government procured tea seedlings.
- To guide establishment of newly planted gardens.
- To guide monitoring and evaluation of the program at all levels.