Management of weeds
- Weed control is very critical in the 1st to 3rd month of the cassava crop.
- Weed competition can cause about 30-60% yield loss.
- Do your 1st weeding in the 6th week after planting, and weed the crop 2 – 3 more times to keep away competition for nutrients by weeds and providing alternative host plants for pests and diseases.
Safe use of agrochemicals
- Read and understand the label carefully.
- Ensure that the recommended rates are followed.
- Open containers with extreme care avoiding spilling and wastage.
- In case of spillage, wash off the contaminated part with clean water.
- Use clean water to mix the chemicals.
- Use suitable equipment for measuring out chemicals.
- After spraying, wash off the spray pump and bury all disposable containers.