How to Weed and prune Cocoa
- Weed 3 to 4 times a year.
- This should be done by ring weeding around the cocoa trees and slashing along the rows of the cocoa trees.
- Weed the plants basing on the intensity of the weeds
- Prune the tree leaving only one main stem to facilitate the formation of a cone canopy.
- A farmer should ensure that the weeds don’t grow and don’t spray the weed using chemicals because chemicals destroy the quality of cocoa.
- Just weed and the Cocoa plant start bearing fruits between three to four years but ensure that every six months you trim the trees removing excessive branches to allow the rest bear more and good fruits.