- Pineapples should mature in 15 to 24 months depending on the planting material used.
- When harvesting its best to cut rather than to break the fruit from the stalk.
- Under adequate management, the main crop should yield about 70 tons per hectare.
Pineapple Health Benefits
- Pineapples are an excellent source of vitamins A, B, and C.
- Pineapples are also a good source of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- Eating pineapples regularly will help you in getting rid of the digestive problem.
- Pineapples are also helpful in healing wounds faster.
- Consuming Pineapples is also beneficial in improving bone health.
- Pineapples also healing cough and cold problems.
- Pineapples also prevent some cancers.
- Consuming pineapple is also beneficial in establishing good blood circulation.
- Consuming Pineapples is also beneficial in improving the Oral health.
- Pineapples are also good for improving eye health.
- Pineapples are also helpful in controlling high blood pressure.
- Besides consuming fresh fruits, pineapples are also used for cooking. Also, are canned, processed and preserved to meet it exclusive market demand.
- Presently, with the help of advance pineapple farming techniques and good farm management skills, it is available to produce more than 80 tons of pineapple fruits per unit hectare depending on the spacing and intercultural activities.
- The economic life of the pineapple farming is about 5 years after which the main field should be uprooted and should be used for replantation of pineapple farming or can be utilized for farming another commercial crop.