Harvesting Stem Cuttings
- Harvest the stems and roots at maturity period: 12-18 months.
- The stem should be preserved under a tree shade and the ground kept moist.
- Ensure only mature and healthy cassava stems are cut and stored.
- For long term storage (1-3 months), and/or during a prolonged dry spell, tie the stems into bundles and store upright under a shaded tree and moisten the soil regularly.
- For short term storage (2-4 weeks), put stems horizontally for support under the shade.
- Use a wheelbarrow, basket or bicycle to transport cassava from the garden.