Establishment and Management of Tea Gardens
- Tea seedling planting, gap filling and subsequent agronomic practices are guided by DLGS, Sub County extension staff and existing factories extension staff with technical backstopping and guidance of MAAIF.
- The beneficiary farmers shall take full responsibility of proper management of gardens with supervision of DLGs, OWC, Farmer Leaders, farmer management communities, factories extension staff and sub county extension workers.
- The DLGs shall provide a status report of tea seedlings used in gap filling and expansion.
Implementation of the Guidelines
- MAAIF coordinates implementation of these guidelines in collaboration with NAADS Secretariat and the participating DLGs.
- To operationalize these guidelines, a special committee with representation from MAAIF (Directorates of Crop Resources and Agricultural Extension Services), NAADS Secretariat/OWC, DLGs, Nursery Operators and farmers is constituted.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the guidelines is participatory.
- The national monitoring team will be required to periodically (after every six months) travel to selected Tea growing Districts to assess the implementation of the guidelines.