Who we are
The National Agricultural Advisory Services Organization is a semi - autonomous public agency within the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), responsible for public agricultural advisory/extension services.The National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) Programme was created in 2001 by an Act of Parliament to specifically address constraints of lack of access to agricultural information, knowledge and improved technology among rural poor farmers in the country.Following the recent reform of the Agricultural extension system, the Government restructured NAADS leading to among others refocusing of its mandate to supporting management of the agricultural input distribution chains, strategic interventions for value chain development focusing on the upper end of the commodity chains.
A decentralized farmer owned/controlled agricultural advisory service system with increasing participation of the private sector.
To increase farmers' access to information, knowledge and technology for profitable agricultural production.
Manage Agricultural Inputs, Support Strategic Interventions, Agribusiness Development and Value addition
NAADS objectives are as follows:
- To promote food security, nutrition and household incomes through increased productivity and market oriented farming
- To empower all farmers to access and utilise contracted agricultural advisory services
- To promote farmer groups to develop capacity to manage farming enterprises.
- To create options for financing and delivery of agricultural advice for the different types of farmers.
- To catalyse the participation of the private sector to fund agricultural advisory services.